While there are no less than fifty services of this type, the new Feedly seems to be preferred by many users who are looking for a new RSS reader.
Google's announcement about the shutting down of the Google Reader, on the first of July, opened the way to competitor services. Among them, the young start-up Feedly.
Created in 2008 and relying on the eve of the announcement of Google Reader's shut down, Feedly recorded 500 000 new registrations in 48 hours and three million in 15 days.
Of course, to welcome the new users, the start-up was not satisfied with only announcing that they were welcome Feedly created a new update - version 14, with the inclusions:
- Improvement in the search engine, which indexes 50 million feeds and integrates the results of Google News and YouTube
- Possibility to choose the « Must-read » among the feeds, so as to make sure not to miss any news coming from user's favourite feeds
- The integration of a sharing button to Google+ and LinkedIn, and additionally, to Facebook and Twitter.
- Taking into account the reading preferences of the user, the reader makes suggestions about feeds.
- Addition of a titles-only interface.
- Addition of a refresh when dragging the list of categories (ordered alphabetically) downwards.
- A feature for article safekeeping.
The former users of Google Reader should, therefore, not miss out. Besides, Google facilitates the transfer of the users toward other services by offering them to download a copy of their data.
Apart from Freedly, other alternative feed readers exist. To name a few, there is the famous Netvibes, The Old Reader, Yanob Reader, but also Yahoo Pipes - an effective tool for monitoring and information processing.
But, it is necessary, however, to follow what is going to happen at Google, which announced that a replacement service – called News – will be offered.
- Boost your sales by finding sales prospects
This is because it accelerates the diffusion of information and knowledge. The best part is that this social network offers true gains from the commercial...
- Vine: the new social media phenomenon
Released in January, it has already become the buzz on the Internet and suggests great opportunities for the future. Vine offers users the chance to create a short six second...
- Dessbox, a free social platform of music streaming
In recent years as the way people have listened to music has changed, audio streaming sites such as Deezer and Spotify have become increasingly popular. However, users of sites...
- ZoomZoomZen is your app for easy meetings
Suddenly, you no longer have to ask « Hello? where are you? » ; Instead you can use ZoomZoomZen (ZZZ) to instantly know where your friends are. Joul, a French start-up,...