While there are no less than fifty services of this type, the new Feedly seems to be preferred by many users who are looking for a new RSS reader.
Google's announcement about the shutting down of the Google Reader, on the first of July, opened the way to competitor services. Among them, the young start-up Feedly.
Created in 2008 and relying on the eve of the announcement of Google Reader's shut down, Feedly recorded 500 000 new registrations in 48 hours and three million in 15 days.
Of course, to welcome the new users, the start-up was not satisfied with only announcing that they were welcome Feedly created a new update - version 14, with the inclusions:
- Improvement in the search engine, which indexes 50 million feeds and integrates the results of Google News and YouTube
- Possibility to choose the « Must-read » among the feeds, so as to make sure not to miss any news coming from user's favourite feeds
- The integration of a sharing button to Google+ and LinkedIn, and additionally, to Facebook and Twitter.
- Taking into account the reading preferences of the user, the reader makes suggestions about feeds.
- Addition of a titles-only interface.
- Addition of a refresh when dragging the list of categories (ordered alphabetically) downwards.
- A feature for article safekeeping.
The former users of Google Reader should, therefore, not miss out. Besides, Google facilitates the transfer of the users toward other services by offering them to download a copy of their data.
Apart from Freedly, other alternative feed readers exist. To name a few, there is the famous Netvibes, The Old Reader, Yanob Reader, but also Yahoo Pipes - an effective tool for monitoring and information processing.
But, it is necessary, however, to follow what is going to happen at Google, which announced that a replacement service – called News – will be offered.
- Viral marketing : The perfect tool to promote your project
The social networks are similar to powerful tools for contact management and viral marketing. Everyone from, brands, companies, bloggers and publishers, develop their web presence by...
- Security, a new stake for browsers
This survey sparked off interrogations, as you can wonder about exposition to risks on the Internet, depending on what browser you choose. We are thus going to have a look at this...
- Create and share full 360 degree panoramas in seconds !
This system combines an application and a fisheye objective lens that fits the iPhone to film everything that occurs around you. Pixeet 360 is high quality optical equipment and...
- How to Find an Effective Name for a Web
Here are some ways to overcome this challenge in stages and successfully launch a website or a startup. With more than 2 billion Internet users worldwide, potential visitors are...